Special Education Teacher
New Story is currently seeking to fill the position of FT Speech Therapist to provide services in Selinsgrove.
The Speech Therapist is responsible for providing speech-language therapy services to students as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team. The Speech Therapist will promote the development of communication skills through assessment, program, planning, and direct service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, administer, and interpret appropriate testing to gather data for the development and/or revision of the IEP.
- Develop and implement IEP goals and objectives aiming to promote communication skills, including expressive language, the ability of verbal expression, receptive language and augmentative communication when appropriate.
- Monitor and revise ITP goals and objectives as needed and communicate with all team members.
- Plan, implement and adapt speech-language therapy activities to meet the student needs and encourage progress.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Speech Pathology or related field
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Current PA licensure as Speech-Language Pathologist
- Plan, implement and adapt speech-language therapy activities to meet the student needs and encourage progress
- One year experience providing speech-language therapy services OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Speech Pathology or related field
- Current PA Licensure as Speech-Language Pathologist
- One year experience providing speech-language therapy services
Interested applicants should mail, fax, or e-mail letter of interest with updated resume to:
Judith Bell, Speech Therapist Supervisor
New Story, 1150 Wymonig Avenue, Wyoming, PA 18644
FAX: (570) 714-0829 Email: email@example.com